- This event has passed.
Creative Economy Financial Future Meeting
December 20, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PSTFree
Measure U passed and 10% of those tax dollars (9-12 million a year) was promised to the Creative Economy, yet there was no invite for someone from the creative sector to join this advisory committee. This meeting is for us creatives to get together, to make sure we get someone representing the creative sector in how measure U dollars are spent – for the future of our creative economy.
Member Requests for the committee
As approved by the Council on Oct. 2, the new Measure U Community Advisory Committee will have 15 members, nine appointed by the Mayor and Council members from each council district and six by the Personnel & Public Employees Committee, which will select candidates based on the list of criteria below:
- One member between 16 and 24 years old
- One member with professional experience in affordable housing, homelessness, or rental housing issues
- One member representing a taxpayer organization
- One member with professional experience in business, economic development or workforce development
- One member with professional experience in community trauma, mental health, or community-based crime reduction
- One member with professional experience with youth-focused adult education, public health, or environmental justice organizations
Link to more information
From the Creative Edge Plan
6.1.1. Dedicated Public Revenues: Create a dedicated public revenue stream for arts and culture. One specific opportunity is to share in the revenues of the proposed Measure U sales tax augmentation measure. Measure U is expected to generate $68 million in new revenue annually. In order to implement this plan, the initial request should be for 10% of the Measure U proceeds.